Rhinitis , which occurs most commonly as allergic rhinitis or allergic cold is an inflammation of the nasal membranes that is characterized by sneezing, nasal congestion, nasal itching, and runny nose(coryza).A person is prone to recurrent colds and cough and can get into complications like bronchitis or wheezing if the complaint turns into a chronic complaint.Signs and symptoms of allergic rhinitis include the following:
- Itching in the Nose,eyes ,throat or upper palate.
- Rhinorrhea(dripping nose)
- Postnasal drip(sputum falling into throat from the nose)
- Lack of smell.
- Watering of eyes.
- Drowsiness and tiredness.
Certain complications can arise when this condition is not treated like :
- Sinusitis (in lay mans term- sinus)
- Discharges in ears or recurrent ear pains.
- Sleep disturbance due to nose block
- Certain anatomical changes in the facial features due to mouth breathing.
- Chronic bronchitis or asthma if the allergies are not controlled.
The causes of allergic rhinitis may differ depending on whether the symptoms are seasonal, perennial, or sporadic/episodic. Some patients are sensitive to multiple allergens and can have perennial allergic rhinitis with seasonal exacerbations. While food allergy can cause rhinitis, particularly in children, it is rarely a cause of allergic rhinitis in the absence of gastrointestinal or skin symptoms.
- Wash hands regularly
- Take vit c /1-0-0 for a month
- Add a drop of saline drops in both the nostrils.
- Steam inhalation clears the sinuses or nose blocks.
- Wear a mask while travelling so as to avoid dust and pollution .
At Permacure, we provide hoilsitic treatment and ensure that complications surrounding allergic rhinitis do not develop . At Permacure, we go deep into the root cause of the symptoms and help the patient fight the condition by improving their immunity.The patient develops a resistance to the antigen without any side effects.The treatment period can vary between 3- 6 months .